Brilio.net - Sobat Brilio pasti pernah membaca atau minimal mendengar istilah dongeng, fabel, legenda, atau cerita inspiratif, kan? Cerita-cerita itu termasuk ke dalam jenis narrative text jika dalam Bahasa Inggris. Namun, jika dalam Bahasa Indonesia disebut teks naratif.
Narrative text atau teks naratif berisi cerita untuk menghibur pembaca ataupun pendengarnya. Teks ini berkaitan dengan rangkaian peristiwa yang mengarah pada suatu krisis, yang akhirnya menemukan penyelesaian. Ciri dari teks narrative adalah adanya unsur konflik (masalah) dan resolusi (penyelesaian masalah). Selain itu teks narrative bersifat imajinatif atau merupakan hasil karya imajinasi seseorang atau penulisnya. Itu artinya cerita teks narrative adalah tidak nyata.
Adapun struktur dari narrative text antara lain :
1. Orientation - Pengenalan tokoh, waktu, dan tempat terjadinya cerita
2. Complication - Pengembangan konflik ( masalah)
3. Resolution - Penyelesaian konflik (masalah)
4. Re-orientation - Perubahan yang terjadi pada tokoh atau pelajaran yang bisa diambil dari cerita. (bersifat optimal tidak harus dalam teks)
Selain struktur, ada 11 jenis teks narrative yang perlu diketahui, yaitu :
1. Fairy tale, jenis teks naratif yang bergenre fantasi
2. Folktale/folklore, cerita rakyat turun temurun
3. Legend, perpaduan fairy tale dan folklore
4. Myth, mitos
5. Science fiction, fiksi ilmiah
6. Romance, cerita cinta tokoh utama
7. Horror stories, kisah makhluk astral
8. Fable, fabel atau cerita binatang sebagai tokoh utama
9. History, sejarah
10. Slice of life, cerita kegiatan sehari-hari
11. Personal experience, pengalaman pribadi penulis
Untuk mengetahui lebih lanjut, berikut ulasan mengenai contoh soal narrative text yang dapat dipelajari dan dipahami, dirangkum brilio.net dari berbagai sumber pada Kamis (6/10).
Contoh soal narrative text, mudah dipelajari.
The following test is for question 1 - 2.
Once, a hunter lived a village. He used to boast of his brave hunting trips to the villagers. The villagers respected him a lot. He mostly told everyone how he had fought a lion bare-handed. He said that the tiny animals used to get scared even at the sight of him.
One day, the hunter was passing through a forest. He met a woodcutter from the same village.
The boastful hunter approached him and said, “How are you? it’s a fine day, isn’t it?”
“Yes, yes, indeed!” the woodcutter replied.
“Well, can you tell me if you have seen some footprints of the lion nearby? it’s been months since i defeated any.”
The woodcutter knew that the hunter only boasted, so he said, “Yes, a lion is in a nearby den. Can i take you there?”
The scared hunter said, “No … No … i only just wanted to see his footprints.”
Finally, the boastful hunter ran away from the spot.
1. What is the best title for the text?
A. A Boastful Hunter
B. A Brave woodcutter
C. A Woodcutter’s Advice
D. A Woodcutter’s Rewards
2. What did hunter feel when the woodcutter said that there was a lion in a nearby den?
3. Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining farms fell into conflict. They had been sharing machinery, trading a labour and goods as needed without a hitch. Then the long collaboration fell apart. It began with a small misunderstanding and it grew into a major difference which exploded into an exchange of bitter word followed by week of silence.
One morning there was a knock on the elder brother’s door. He opened it to find a man with a carpenter’s tool box. “i am looking for a few small jobs here and there. Could i help you?”
“Yes1″ said the elder brother. ” i do have a job for you. Look across the creek at that farm! That’s my neighbour in fact, it’s my younger brother and we don’t get along. Last week he dug a wider passage for water into his farm. But he ended up creating a very wide creek in between our farms and i am sure he did it just to annoy me. I want you to build me something so that we don’t have stand and see each other’s face from across.”
The carpenter said, “i think i understand the situation. i will be able to do a job that will please you.” The elder brother had to go to town for supplies, so he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and then he was off for the day. The carpenter worked hard all that day measuring, sawing, nailing.
At sunset when the elder brother returned, the carpenter had just finished his job. The elder brother’s eyes opened wide and his jay dropped. It was not what he had even thought of or imagined. It was a bridge stretching from one side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of work, beautiful handrails. To his surprise, his younger brother across the creek was coming to meet him with a big smile and arms wide open to hug him.
“You are really kind and humble, my brother! After all i have done and said to you, you still show that blood relations can never be broken! i am truly sorry for my behaviour,” the younger brother said as he hugged his elder brother”
What is the text about?
A. Two brothers is dispute.
B. Two brothers having continuously bad crops.
C. Two brothers competing with each other.
D. Two brothers fighting for the carpenter’s services.
4. One day several boys were playing at the edge of a pond in which lived a family of frogs. The boys amused themeselves by throwing stones into the pond so as to make them skip on top of the water.
The stones were flying thick and fast, and the boys were enjoying themselves very much; but the poor frogs in the pond were trembling with fear.
At last one of the frogs, the oldest and bravest, put his head out of the water, and said ” Oh, please, dear children, stop your cruel play! Though it may be fun for you, it mean death to us!”
Why did the frog feel insecure?
A. The boy frightened them.
B. The stone would hurt them.
C. The boys destroyed the pond.
D. The water in the pond got dirty.
5. Once upon a time there was a rose who was very proud of its beautiful looks. Its only disappointment was that it grew next to an ugly cactus. Every day, the rose would insult he cactus on its looks while the cactus stayed quiet. All the other plants in the garden tried to make the rose see sense, but it was too swayed by it own good looks.
One summer, the well in the garden grew dry and there was no water for the plants. The rose began to wilt. I tsaw a sparrow dip its beak into the cactus for some water. Though ashamed, the rose asked the cactus if it could have some water too. The cactus readily agreed and they both got through the tough summer as friends.
From the story, we know that the cactus was ...
Magang: Annisa Dhea
- 45 Contoh kalimat should beserta penggunaan dan penjelasannya
- 17 Contoh soal explanation text dan kunci jawaban yang tepat
- 25 Contoh kalimat kata sifat dalam bahasa Inggris, wajib diketahui
- 27 Contoh soal Bahasa Inggris tentang grammar, lengkap dengan jawaban
- 41 Contoh kalimat may beserta penggunaan dan artinya